Epicor Software Corporation, a global provider of industry-specific enterprise software to promote business growth, announced it is expanding its product portfolio in ANZ with its distribution software solution, Epicor Prophet 21. Featuring industry-specific functionality, the ERP solution enables distributors to anticipate and deliver on shifting customer demands. Prophet 21 helps streamline operations, and enables distributors to optimise their business to compete in today’s digital-centric world.
“For Australian distributors, the key question is how to counter the threat from large global players such as Amazon and stay relevant in an era that’s increasingly defined by digital disruption,” said Greg O’Loan, regional vice president, ANZ, Epicor Software. “In this new competitive landscape, customer expectations for a convenient, streamlined, and technology-powered experience means business models are evolving fast. To gain competitive advantage, distributors will need to initiate streamlined customer-centric transactional capabilities in every channel, and digitalize their operations to generate greater efficiencies.”
Prophet 21 enables distributors to embrace digital transformation and take full advantage of cloud-ready technologies to respond to customers in new ways:
- Extend market reach with eCommerce—Epicor Commerce Connect eCommerce for Prophet 21 makes it easy to manage multiple branded websites and catalogues and initiate digital workflows that deliver a convenient and streamlined purchasing experience
- Exceed customer expectations—respond fast to escalating customer demands for quality and traceability, as well as speed of delivery, leveraging powerful integrations to streamline and connect offline and online processes
- Drive revenue—generate competitive advantages with differentiated services that build deep and enduring customer relationships. Efficiently orchestrate value-add services like kitting, assembly, service, repair, staged deliveries, maintenance, calibration and more
- Capture opportunities—streamline day-to-day processes and improve customer service with automated CRM tools that make it easy to anticipate customer needs, identify and retain at-risk customers, manage and track issues, and future-proof sales pipelines
“It takes incredible execution capabilities to serve customers efficiently in every channel. With customer expectations for speed and convenience on the up, Australian distributors will need to digitally-enable and integrate every aspect of their operations. They need to do so in order to deliver ‘Amazon-like’ experiences and respond quickly to changing customer demands, or they won’t be able to stay competitive,” said O’Loan.
In addition to allowing distributors to initiate cost-effective online self-service offerings for customers, Prophet 21 makes it possible to automate previously manual processes, achieve enhanced data visibility and flows, and enable integrated end-to-end processes.
- Order management—whether orders are entered remotely via a mobile device or online by the customer, information is directly entered into Prophet 21 for fast processing without double handling
- Inventory management—multiple dynamic inventory replenishment methods help wholesale distributors reduce carrying costs, minimise excess or obsolete inventory, improve cash flow, and improve customer service levels
- Warehouse management—warehouse management tools provide deep control of all activities, including receiving, cross-docking, put-away, picking, inventory adjustments, cycle counts, and more. Add the Wireless Warehouse Managing Solution (WWMS) to further streamline warehouse processes, using wirelss handheld devices that send detailed picking information direct to Prophet 21 for up-to-the-minute accuracy
- Purchasing—centralise purchasing processes across one or multiple warehouses to optimise buying power and inventory levels. Use Prophet 21 to define a variety of purchasing scenarios, including substitutions, discontinued items, drop ships, and specials. In addition, evaluate true landed costs against margins, track the status and due dates of purchase orders
- Financials—a real-time general ledger provides up-to-the-minute financial statements, giving users a better view of their company’s financial situation as business is transacted. This means managers don’t have to wait for end-of-month reports before acting to grow the business
“To compete more effectively, distributors need to find new ways to work smarter and more efficiently as they adapt to changing industry demands. Based on a cloud-platform, Prophet 21 delivers best-in-class capabilities that dramatically improve productivity and internal efficiencies. For example, achieving greater automation in warehousing and distribution centres, and tighter control of inventories, will ultimately increase working capital and reduce costs,” commented O’Loan.
Looking for more? Download our ERP buyers guide for free and compare the top-24 products available on the market with full page vendor profiles. The guide includes four key capabilities to look for in an ERP solution, plus five questions to ask yourself and five questions to ask the software provider before purchasing. It’s the perfect resource for anyone looking to find right ERP for their business/organization.
Latest posts by Elizabeth Quirk (see all)
- Deltek Grows with New Acquisition of ComputerEase - August 20, 2019
- Examining the Cyberattack on Popular Education ERP Platform - August 16, 2019
- Details From the Nucleus Research 2019 ERP Technology Value Matrix Report - August 14, 2019