ZyXel has announced the expansion of their small office VPN firewalls with the launch of two entry-level VPN firewalls, the USG20-VPN and USG20W-VPN. The new firewalls provide affordable, secure, reliable network connectivity between geographically separated locations and enable mobile devices to securely access the network and network-connected resources.
“Network breaches or the interception of sensitive data such as confidential corporate or personal information can create disastrous financial and legal ramifications for businesses of all sizes,” stated Tri Nguyen, market development manager at ZyXEL. “Without the big IT budgets of larger companies, small businesses are often at risk simply because they can’t afford a business-class solution. Our new firewalls provide these businesses with the level of security that they need to protect their data within the network and between remote locations at a price point that makes robust network security a no-brainer.”
The USG20-VPN and USG20W-VPN both deliver performance and a robust set of security features at a price point that makes business-class network security affordable for small businesses. The firewalls, which feature powerful processors to support bandwidth-hungry VPN applications, incorporate high-performance SPI firewalls and robust hybrid VPNs (IPSec/SSL/L2TP) to protect the network from unauthorized access while providing secure access to company resources. The firewalls support subscription-based anti-spam and content filtering and feature bandwidth management and High Availability (HA) to optimize the reliability and performance of the network. For greater WAN flexibility, both the USG20-VPN and USG20W-VPN provide a Gigabit SFP WAN port for fiber connectivity.
The USG20W-VPN wireless VPN firewall supports 802.11n and 802.11ac, providing dual-band wireless network connectivity for mobile devices such as laptops and smartphones. Three detachable antennas give users the ability to attach third-party antennas to customize the wireless coverage to suit the needs of their unique environments.
Key Features of the ZyXEL USG20-VPN and USG20W-VPN Firewalls
- Robust Networking Solution – Supports routing, bridge and hybrid modes, VLAN tagging, policy-based routing (user-aware), Policy-based NAT (SNAT), DHCP client/server/relay, priority-bandwidth utilization, bandwidth limit per user or IP, IPv6 support;
- Secure Connectivity – Robust hybrid VPN supports up to 10 concurrent IPSec VPN tunnels or up to 15 concurrent SSL VPN tunnels; secures network using Advanced Secure Hash Algorithm 2 (SHA-2), Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol (L2TP) for secure connectivity with mobile devices, Web-based and forced user authentication, SPI firewall;
- Secure Wireless Connectivity (USG20W-VPN Only) – Wireless L2 isolation, IEEE 802.1x authentication, RADIUS authentication, CAPWAP discovery protocol, Captive Portal Web authentication, Multiple SSID with VLAN;
- High Performance – One Gigabit Ethernet WAN port, 1 Gigabit Ethernet SFP port for fiber connectivity, 4 Gigabit Ethernet LAN ports for high-speed data transfer; bandwidth management to optimize network performance;
- Reliability – Supports High Availability (HA) with multi-WAN failover and load-balancing for always-online VPN connectivity;
- Simple Setup and Management – ZyXEL One Network simplifies configuration, management and troubleshooting; integrated OneSecurity.com Service ensures constant notification of new threats; free firmware upgrades.