As a result of increased demands from businesses, Software as a Service (SaaS) providers, and partners in Australia, cloud service provider, iland, recently extended its geographic scope by adding a cloud region in Melbourne. This new region will support the provider’s entire suite of secure cloud services, built on iland’s Secure Cloud Platform. This includes Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS), Backup as a Service (BaaS), and Disaster Recovery as a Service (DRaaS).
Because of this new region, customers are enabled to replicate and back up their iland cloud services between Sydney and Melbourne, thereby maintaining data sovereignty in Australia, as well as providing an additional layer of resiliency to their virtual workloads. This is iland’s ninth global data center. As it is located in Melbourne, the data center strengthens the vendor’s presence in the Asia-Pacific Region (APAC). The new location, therefore, complements the existing cloud regions in Sydney and Singapore, in addition to the global cloud regions in the Americas.
Since the launch of the iland Secure Cloud Platform in Sydney, the provider has noted significant customer and partner traction. As a result of this, both iland sales and support teams in the region have continuously expanded.
In a press statement, iland’s Director for APAC Region, Tony Stratton said, “we are thrilled to be extending our award-winning secure cloud services to Melbourne. Our partners and customers need more options in APAC and we are ready to deliver our enterprise-class secure cloud, disaster recovery, and backup services.”
James Hosking, IT Manager of the National Gallery of Victoria, stated, “iland have professionally shown great customer service and strategic assistance with assisting the National Gallery of Victoria in our cloud backup strategy.”
The provider’s expansion into Melbourne comes on the heels of several achievements, including:
- Listed as a Leader in the 2018 Gartner Magic Quadrant for the third year in a row;
- Won Veeam’s Impact Cloud Partner of the Year for the second year running; and
- Given a 5-Star rating for its iland Partner Program in CRN (US) 2018 Partner Program Guide
To read iland’s full press release, click here.
Latest posts by Tess Hanna (see all)
- Backup and Disaster Recovery Predictions for 2019 with Druva - December 5, 2018
- Carbonite Expands Strategic Partnership with Iron Mountain - December 3, 2018
- Interview: Cloudian’s Jon Toor on the Benefits of Hybrid Cloud Usage - November 29, 2018