Disaster recovery and business continuity solution provider, Sungard Availability Services (Sungard AS), recently launched its sovereign managed cloud platform consulting and services for the UK public sector on Amazon Web Services (AWS). Sungard AS’ Managed Cloud – AWS, UK Sovereign service is supported by five years of experience in cloud hosting services for G-Cloud, in conjunction with experience as an AWS Managed Service Provider (MSP) Partner. In addition to this, Sungard AS achieved AWS Storage Competency status and offers the Cloud Recovery – AWS solution. The new platform was designed to provide the public sector with the ability to fully benefit from reduced costs, risk management, and the agility that cloud computing has brought to the commercial sector for years.
With the UK government’s Cloud First Initiative pushing the public sector to consider the cloud before other approaches, Sungard AS’ service will expand the number of workloads that can benefit. Furthermore, elements of the Central Government, Police Force, and Critical National Infrastructure will be able to work with an AWS MSP for the first time.
In a press statement, Senior Vice President of Sales, Europe and India at Sungard AS, Chris Huggett said “Sungard AS’ Managed Cloud – AWS, UK Sovereign service further broadens our ability to help the public sector in managing risk and maintaining the sovereignty of their data. Our relationship with AWS empowers UK public sector organizations to become more connected than ever before and manage risk effectively. It will ensure data is secure and increase the resilience of physical and digital infrastructure, all while cutting costs.”
Sungard AS’ Managed Cloud – AWS, UK Sovereign service will offer:
- A Managed Cloud – AWS service for data and workloads classified as ‘Sensitive’ and ‘Official Sensitive’.
- The agility that comes with the AWS platform, while sensitive data is protected without needing to build an AWS practice in house.
- Hosting includes Critical National Infrastructure (CNI) for services that are critical to maintaining the security of the UK.
- Cost reductions through replacing legacy IT infrastructure.
Sungard AS’ end-to-end hybrid IT services include cloud management for production and recovery, colocation, managed hosting, and security consulting across a global footprint.
To read Sungard Availability Services’ full press release, click here.
Latest posts by Tess Hanna (see all)
- 3 Crucial Questions for Cloud BUDR Planning - August 22, 2019
- [VIDEO] Solutions Review Explores: What is Disaster Recovery? - August 22, 2019
- Acronis Releases Backup and Protection Tool, Acronis True Image 2020 - August 21, 2019