Backup and Intelligent Data Management solution provider, Veeam Software, recently announced the new Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v3, which offers businesses backup, improved security, and enhanced visibility and analytics. This solution delivers secure backup for Office 365 Exchange Online, SharePoint Online OneDrive for Business, and Microsoft Teams, which enables recovery of individual items and eDiscovery of backup data for Office 365 or hybrid environments.
In a press statement, Vice President of Product Strategy at Veeam, Danny Allan said, “a majority of organizations are adopting the Microsoft Office 365 platform and while Microsoft provides management and uptime for the cloud-based services, it is the individual company’s responsibility to protect their data. Veeam’s innovative solutions give organizations the control to intelligently manage and retain access to their business-critical information for regulatory governance, compliance, and recovery purposes. And it is resonating with businesses across the globe. Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 has been downloaded by more than 55,000 organizations, representing seven million Office 365 users. This solution represents 549 percent year-over-year growth and now takes the place as our fastest-growing product. With the market acceptance and demand of this solution, we expect version 3 to further accelerate our dominance in this space.”
The rapid growth and market adoption of Microsoft Office 365 has also allowed service providers to offer backup solutions to the more than 140 million Office 365 users in a $2.5 billion market. With Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v3, Veeam Cloud and Service Providers (VCSPs) help to secure backup of Office 365 Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, and OneDrive for Business data; restoring individual items through various flexible receiver options and providing the ability to automate and scale an Office 365 backup revenue stream.
Veeam Backup for Microsoft Office 365 v3 eliminates the risk of losing access to business-critical data and ensures that the organization retains control. Version 3 facilitates backing up and restoring Office 365 Exchange, SharePoint, and OneDrive data with:
- Up to 30x faster backup for SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business, thereby shortening Office 365 backup windows.
- Improved security for Office 365 backup data with support for multi-factor authentication.
- Enhanced visibility and analytics with Office 365 data protection reports that help with identifying unprotected mailboxes while managing license and storage use.
To read Veaam’s full press release, click here.
Latest posts by Tess Hanna (see all)
- The Top 13 Best Business Continuity Books You Need to Read in 2020 - February 13, 2020
- Actifio Launches Advances to OnVault Data Capture Tool - February 11, 2020
- The 7 Best Backup and Disaster Recovery Podcasts You Should Listen To - February 10, 2020