Aerohive today announced Aerohive Atom AP30, the industry’s first pluggable, enterprise-class Wi-Fi access point, designed to augment or replace ceiling-mounted access points and to radically simplify providing connectivity in both easy and hard-to-reach locations.
Aerohive Atom AP30 is a new way to Wi-Fi and a first of its kind for the enterprise, delivering an enterprise-class 802.11ac access point with integrated Bluetooth in a new compact, pluggable form factor. Aerohive Atom AP30 can be plugged into any power socket and automatically connect to the network using auto-provisioning for literal “plug and play” connectivity. The access point is powered by cloud-management and an underlying software-defined Wi-Fi architecture. Aerohive’s Atom AP30 can be installed and operationalquickly using either Ethernet backhaul or Aerohive’s radically simplified mesh technology.
With its small form factor, simple deployment model, and full-enterprise feature set, Aerohive is hoping that its Atom AP30 can assist organizations quickly, easily, and more cost-effectively solve for all manner of use cases without having to install or re-position a ceiling-mounted access point, including, but not limited to:
- Quickly eliminate Wi-Fi dead zones – Aerohive Atom AP30 extends coverage to dead zones. The Atom AP30 can be temporarily or permanently installed in minutes to eliminate dead zones in distant corners of the office, long hallways or passageways, staircases, breakrooms, storage rooms, etc., saving the time and money of pulling new cable or re-positioning existing ceiling-mounted access points.
- Solve density issues in meeting spaces – Aerohive Atom AP30 can augment overloaded ceiling-mounted access points in any sized meeting space. Aerohive Atom AP30 can be temporarily or permanently installed in minutes to mitigate overloaded ceiling-mounted access points in conference rooms, training rooms, cafeterias, lobby areas, waiting rooms, gymnasiums, etc.
- Instantly extend secure corporate connectivity – Aerohive Atom AP30 can instantly extend corporate connectivity to anywhere you can plug it in to a power socket and get an IP address. Aerohive Atom AP30’s native VPN capability can instantly make your corporate SSID and security available for teleworkers, marketing events, sales demonstrations, offsite meetings, embedded employees consulting for other companies, temporary offices, and so on.
- Simply connect the previously unconnected – The Atom AP30 can quickly and easily bridge to an IoT device in either easy or hard-to-reach locations. Aerohive Atom AP30 can act like an IoT hub and securely connect any Wi-Fi and/or Ethernet-based IoT device and sensor.
- Cost effectively solve for MDU connectivity –The Atom AP30 is simple to install temporarily or permanently in an MDU, such as barracks, dormitories, hotels, motels, cruise ships, condominiums, apartments, etc.