Netgear’s sleek and stylish Orbi has been making a ton of noise in the mesh wireless market since its release last fall. This past week, the wireless giant expanded the world or Orbi with two new offerings. These two new Orbi offerings allow for increased flexibility and coverage so that every part of your office is reached. The new RBK30 Orbi Tri-band wireless package includes an AC2200 router and wall-plug, built to cover up to 200 square meters. The other offering, the RBK50 Orbi Tri-band wi-fi systems features the AC2200 router and a matching satellite, which are designed to cover up to 250 square meters. The RBK30 and RBK40 include an Orbi AC2200 router and either a wall plug satellite or a matching satellite and can provide combined speeds of up to 2.2Gbps. Additionally, the Orbi devices come pre-paired and configured out-of-the-box so they can work with your existing modem.
“Today, WiFi is now considered to be as critical as any other home utility. You would not be willing to settle for sub-par electrical coverage or inadequate plumbing and you should not be expected to contend with a wireless network that does not deliver the coverage and performance you need. With this new expanded portfolio of Orbi Tri-band WiFi systems, we are introducing solutions to provide the best WiFi for an even broader range of households. We believe that no one should be without the best WiFi experience available,” said David Henry, senior vice president of home networking devices for NETGEAR.
“With our patented industry-first Tri-band WiFi provided by the Orbi WiFi systems, you can now enjoy optimum WiFi performance even at the furthest edge of your property. So, go ahead and binge-watch the latest streaming series in the family TV room while the kids are enjoying rapid-fire online gaming from their room upstairs.”
Pricing and Availability
NETGEAR Orbi Home WiFi Systems are available from major retailers in store and online:
- RBK30 – One Orbi AC2200 router and one wall plug satellite – RRP A$499
- RBK40 – One Orbi AC2200 router and one matching satellite – RRP A$599
- RBK50 – The original Orbi AC3000 router with matching satellite – RRP A$749
NETGEAR satellites will soon be available for individual purchase, ideal for adding greater range to an existing Orbi WiFi System:
- Orbi AC2200 Wall-plug Satellite to add 100 square metres of range – RRP A$249
- Orbi AC2200 Satellite to add 125 square metres of range – RRP A$319
- The original Orbi AC3000 Satellite to add 175 square metres of range – RRP A$399
Latest posts by Doug Atkinson (see all)
- The Top 6 Best VPN Routers for 2018 - March 26, 2018
- Top Six Best Wireless Wireless White Papers - March 22, 2018
- WaaS Happening in the World of Wireless as a Service? - March 22, 2018