Barracuda Networks, Inc. recently announced that it has officially completed its acquisition of SKOUT Cybersecurity. SKOUT provides Cyber as a Service software for Managed Service Providers (MSPs), as well as an extended detection and response (XDR) platform and service. SKOUT is based in Melville, NY. With this acquisition, Barracuda enters the growing XDR market with a platform optimized for MSPs.
Barracuda Networks offers a complete cloud-integrated solution to protect physical and virtual environments that includes software, appliance, and offsite replication. The solution is simple to deploy, easy to manage, and offers users unlimited cloud storage. With an extensive range of supported environments and integration with copy file sync and share services, organizations can replace multi-vendor piecemeal backup solutions with an all-in-one appliance. The platform supports replication to another Barracuda appliance for private-cloud data protection or secure transfer to the Barracuda Cloud.
Highlights of this acquisition include:
- SKOUT’s XDR platform connects with critical security infrastructures such as email, firewall, identity and access, and a 24×7 SOC that assists with the detection of and response to cyber-attacks.
- Enables users to efficiently address threats with threat detection, analysis, and response capabilities.
- Removes customers’ expense of training and staffing for round-the-clock service, instead, using SKOUT’s security professionals to manage the SOC operation. Additionally provides MSPs with flexibility when building out their cybersecurity practice.
- By integrating with existing security infrastructure, SKOUT provides investment protection for MSPs.
In a press statement, Brian Babineau, Senior Vice President and General Manager of Barracuda MSP, said, “Barracuda has entered the fast-growing XDR market with a solution optimized for MSPs. The acquisition expands our MSP security offerings with a powerful XDR platform backed by a 24×7 SOC. MSPs will benefit from the broader set of solutions, and we’re excited to offer MSPs new response-centric capabilities that will complement Barracuda’s existing portfolio of email, network, and application security products.”
Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed.
To learn more about Barracuda, click here.
- Druva Releases New Druva Curated Recovery Technology - September 22, 2021
- The Best Disaster Recovery Courses on Udemy to Consider for 2021 - September 21, 2021
- Commvault Launches New Ransomware Protection and Response Services - September 20, 2021