ZDNet has done a very good job of laying the groundwork for how best to look at the topic of Big Data with their microsite “Making the Business Case for Big Data”.
They have broken down a very big topic into nice set of manageable topics. If you are looking for a bit higher altitude perspective, this site makes a lot of sense. We at Solutions Review will continue to stay firmly embedded in the weeds.
A list of the topics covered by ZDNet are listed below. Click here to go directly to the site.
- Do companies really get big data? – By Eileen Yu
- Big Data’s enterprise-readiness – By Andrew Brust
- Executive Guide: Making the business case for big data (free ebook)
- What big data means for small businesses – By Heather Clancy
- Big data to drive $28B in IT spend – By Jamie Yap
- ‘You’re a data what?!’ Five jobs that will win out in the big data world – By Steve Ranger
- Big data: How firms can exploit it without breaking privacy laws – By Bridget Treacy
- Big data: How the revolution may play out – By Larry Dignan
- Directory: Big-data vendors in Asia
- Directory: Big-data vendors in Australia
- Directory: Big-data vendors in EMEA
- Directory: Big data vendors in the US
Latest posts by Doug Atkinson (see all)
- Syncsort Targets Legacy ETL Market with Ironcluster for Amazon Web Services - May 21, 2014
- Attunity Releases Maestro Platform for Conducting Big Data - April 11, 2014
- Change Data Capture:The Top 5 Use Cases - March 23, 2014