We seem to discuss phishing attacks quite a lot here at Solutions Review. Is it any surprise? Phishing is still the number one attack vector for hackers and other digital threat actors. Phishing indicates just how much damage your employees can do because of their ignorance of cybersecurity best practices. Enterprises need to strengthen their phishing defense to stand a chance of fortifying themselves against these foes.
Cofense, a phishing defense solution provider, recently released a report entitled “The State of Phishing Defense 2018: Susceptibility, Resiliency, and Response to Phishing Attacks.” The aim of this report is to help enterprises manage their risks by revealing the top phishing attack tactics.
Key findings from the State of Phishing Defense 2018: Susceptibility, Resiliency, and Response to Phishing Attacks by Cofense include:
- Email delivers 92% of malware to enterprises.
- By the end of 2017, the average email user receives 16 malicious emails a month.
- 10% of reported emails in 2018 were malicious.
- More than 50% were credential phishing attacks.
- The top phishing email subject line is “Invoice.” 60% of the most effective phishing campaigns of 2018 involved that subject line.
Aaron Higbee, Co-Founder and CTO of Cofense, said in a statement: “We see phishing emails bypass technology controls every day and more and more end-users recognizing and reporting these threats that slipped past million-dollar defenses. The results of our research detailed in the ‘State of Phishing Defense’ shows that resiliency is building across key industries thanks to those same people that were once deemed as the weakest-links in an organization.”
You can download the full Cofense The State of Phishing Defense 2018: Susceptibility, Resiliency, and Response to Phishing Attacks” Report for free here.
The 10 Coolest SIEM and Security Analytics CEO Leaders
5 Tips for Setting Up a Security Operations Center (SOC)
Get Your Employees to Embrace SIEM Best Practices!
4 Tips to Make Data Breach Detection Easier For Your Enterprise
Enterprises: Don’t Become Complacent in Your Cybersecurity!
How to Make Your SIEM Solution Deployment Easier for Your Enterprise
Comparing the Top SIEM Vendors — Solutions Review
How UEBA Can Prevent Insider Threats in your Enterprise
SIEM vs Security Analytics: What’s the Difference?
Should Risk Analytics Bridge the Cybersecurity Talent Gap?
What’s Changed? The Gartner 2017 Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) Magic Quadrant
The 25 Best Security Analytics and SIEM Platforms for 2018
Are C-Level Leaders on the Chopping Block over Cybersecurity?
- The Best SOAR Tools and Vendors to Consider in 2023 - November 26, 2022
- The 10 Best Open Source SIEM Tools for Businesses - October 13, 2022
- The Best Managed Detection and Response Vendors to Consider in 2023 - October 2, 2022