In order to help safeguard businesses against the unforeseen costs associated with cyberattacks, Paychex, Inc., a leading provider of integrated human capital management solutions for payroll, HR, benefits, and insurance administration services, is now making cyber liability protection available to its clients through Paychex Insurance Agency and AXIS Insurance Company, a leading cybersecurity insurance carrier.
According to the announcement, the policy helps business owners mitigate the potential financial impact of data breaches, hackers, ransomware, and online banking fraud by assisting with costs involved in the response and recovery after an attack, up to specified policy limits.
With access to 24/7 crisis management and a top cybersecurity law firm, subscribers get coverage for:
- Privacy regulation liability – to help offset potential fines or penalties from state and federal agencies if it’s determined that a business failed to adequately protect personally identifiable information (PII)
- Forensic investigation – to identify the source of a cyberattack and where existing security systems may have failed
- Litigation – to help pay for legal defense, even if allegations are groundless, false, or fraudulent
- Ransomware and social engineering attacks – to recover from instances of cyber extortion or fraudulent transfer instructions
- Business interruption – to provide reimbursement of reasonably expected lost net profits and data recovery costs (Included only with the $1,000,000 policy option)
“Cyberattacks present a growing threat to businesses of all sizes, not just large corporations,” said John Gibson, senior vice president of service at Paychex. “Cybersecurity insurance can offer peace of mind and be particularly critical for businesses with fewer than 1,000 employees, 60% of which fail within six months of a cyberattack due to a lack of resources to offset the breach.”
Businesses can take advantage of flexible coverage limits to secure the right policy for their unique circumstances.
Looking for more? Download our Talent Management Buyers Guide for free to compare the top-24 products available on the market with full page vendor profiles, key capabilities, a talent management market overview, our bottom line analysis, and questions for prospective buyers.
Latest posts by Elizabeth Quirk (see all)
- BirdDogHR Listed On 2019 Inc. 5000: Most Successful Companies in America - August 15, 2019
- Paychex Introduces Cyber Liability Protection - August 13, 2019
- ADP Announces Launch of Recruitment Process Outsourcing Advertising Services - August 12, 2019