SilkRoad, a global leader in Talent Management Software (TMS) and Talent Activation, announced its 2017 State of Talent Report, providing an in-depth analysis of the issues that matter most to Human Resource (HR) professionals. The report also forecasts the top talent activation trends in 2017 and examines HR’s role in moving beyond mundane work activities to creating an employee journey that motivates and connects to employee results.
According to an article posted on SilkRoad’s website, the State of Talent Report findings were derived from more than 1,300 responses to surveys targeting HR professionals. 2017 will be the year HR refocuses away from processes and transactions toward employee experiences. Theme’s in the report indicate significant issues with engagement, so they suggest it’s time for a new approach by enhancing experiences that’ll allow HR professionals to gain an opportunity to go beyond, and activate employees with a highly proactive approach.
Some trends to watch for in 2017:
- Companies will take a deeper look at how to engage the hears and minds of employees from recruiting and onboarding through retirement. By exploring how to present the employer band and culture in the most compelling way, companies will gain a competitive advantage in both attracting candidates and retaining employees.
- Agile performance management will blend in with traditional programs. While traditional performance management remain deeply embedded in many companies, interest continues to grow in creating a more fluid and immediate process. Expect to see more frequent conversations, real-time feedback and team-based conversations.
- “Appification” will help HR teams to build solutions that best meet their needs. As app-based solutions become more available, companies will be able to pick and choose from smaller apps to build whats best for the organization.
“2017 stands to become a significant turning point for how organizations think about and engage with employees. We can go beyond automating HR functions to activating employees through engaging employee experiences and agile approaches to performance management. An emphasis on employee defining their own career paths will assist organizations in enabling each employee to positively impact business outcomes,” said John Westby, VP of Corporate Marketing at SilkRoad.
Read the 2017 State of Talent Report
- Top 12 Free and Open Source Talent Management Software for 2022 - February 10, 2022
- Taking a Closer Look at AI in Human Resources - December 24, 2019
- Choosing the Right HCM Software Vendor - December 23, 2019
One thought on “Report: SilkRoad Releases State of Talent 2017”
Of course, what a fantastic blog and informative posts,
I definitely will bookmark your website.All the Best!